- Wolf: ET
- Guild Wars
- Flash Games
Wolf:ET Frequently Asked Questions
If a question that you need answered isnt listed here, please by all means feel free to post in the Wolf: ET forum @ http://www.pwn9.com/forums/gaming/wolfenstein-enemy-territory
You can also help write this FAQ by posting in that forum and letting us know!
You can navigate this page by pushing "Ctrl + F" (Find feature in most browsers) and type a part of your question. If you needed to find out the v·ersion our wolf:et server is on, keyword v·ersion, you would be taken to the first question:
- Q: What version is the Pwn9 Wolf:ET server on?
- Q: What is the IP of the server for Direct Connection?
- A: You can use either "Pwn9.com" or "188.8.131.52:27960" (Default port)
- Tip: You can also open console with ~ (Tilde) and type /connect pwn9.com
- Q: Do I need PunkBuster enabled to play on your server?
- A: Yes! We dont like unfair gameplay on our servers.
- Tip: If you need to download PunkBuster, download from here.
- Q: I got kicked from your server because I need a valid ETKey..
- A: No worries, simply download this patcher, and let it do it's thing. It will give you an ETKey automatically.
- Tip: This is the same patcher that installs PunkBuster from the previous question. Only need to download/install once!
- Q: I keep getting WARNING messages followed by a kick because some settings were wrong...
- A: Sometimes on a default installation, the settings arent quite right to match up with the server. We have specific settings that need to be matched or surpassed to ensure that there isnt any cheating. Most of the time it is because of "cvar rate" or "cl_maxpackets".
- Quick Fix: Open console with the ~ (Tilde) key and type this command /seta <setting> <number>
- Example: "Cvar rate must be at 5000 or more" type /seta rate "25000" in console (25000 is your safest bet at a cvar rate)
- Example: "cl_maxpackets is set to # but must be at 30 or more" type /seta cl_maxpackets "30" in console (Smoothness setting. Use "30" at minimum if you have a laggy connection, or "60" if you have a good connection)
- Tip: Please make sure your connection speed is NOT dialup. Dyalup sets your cvar rate too low, and we kick for having low cvar rates, there are too many cheats with it.
- Recommended Fix: Read up on tREMor's Scripting lesson 1 and Scripting lesson 2 which can be very helpful and is definitely worth the short read. Even has a bigger list of other settings you should have, like mouse sensitivity, or com_maxfps which is the setting for your fps. I remember even at one time, I used it to fix problems with the game resolution, using it to set a custom widescreen resolution that the game didnt have built-in support for.