Minecraft Forums News Feed
>>> THE FORUM IS CURRENTLY: READ-ONLY <<<
Even as we speak, the forum is undergoing maintenance! This thread will update when the forum is no longer in read-only mode!
During the maintenance period, you will still be able to read pages on the forum. However, you will not be able to post, change your profile, or make any other changes until we leave the maintenance period. This maintenance is to finish the upgrade of the forum platform to Cobalt, when the forum returns we'll be on our brand new platform.
We expect the forum to be in read only for up to 10 hours, from 9:00 AM CST (GMT -6).
Thank you for your patience, see you on the other side!
Starting tomorrow (Tuesday, July 1st) at approximately 9:00 AM CST (GMT -6), the Minecraft Forum will be going into Read-Only Mode, while we back up the entire forum database, and get the new, improved forum software installed, up, and running!
During the maintenance period, you will still be able to read pages on the forum. However, you will not be able to post, change your profile, or make any other changes until we leave the maintenance period.
We anticipate that the maintenance will last around, or a little longer than, 10 hours.
We will update this post when the maintenance period goes into effect, as well as when it ends. We are very excited about the new forum changes, and think you will be as well! See you soon!
Greetings, science enthusiasts! Today was a productive day indeed in Village.
I personally felt the Village chapel was lacking a certain something, and I couldn't put my finger on it. After pondering the problem for many hours, it dawned on me that I had not seen a SINGLE bouncy castle anywhere in this forsaken town.
Before: Dull and boring. After: Colorful and bouncy.
My first act to save these people from overwhelming, lethal levels of boredom was to convert their dingy old chapel into a bouncy castle, complete with colorful windows, and a diving board at the top. It was incidental that I discovered that villagers cannot survive falls from a great height without bouncy blocks.
Suffice it to say, the villagers were amused with their improved structure, bouncing the day away without a care in the world. Not a single chore was finished, and not a single villager sale was made that day.
Experiment 2.1a conclusion: Villagers like bouncy things
While amusing themselves on the slime blocks, the villagers offered a proposition. They claimed, much to my surprise and disdain, that the netherbrick roads were terrifying them. They kept whining on and on about moaning voices, hot bricks burning their feet, and something about their souls (honestly, I wasn't listening very closely). I am nothing if not a benevolent experiment manager, so I conceded that quartz roads would look much nicer, and probably wouldn't drag them off into the nether in the middle of the night, maybe. As with all things in life, a price must be paid for this glorious new road!
Namely, an occupied prison cell, and a spectator sport for my amusement.
I erected a cozy containment building in the middle of town, where a community garden had previously been staining the landscape. The villager tagged as "Barnaby" volunteered at sword-point to enter the cell, and is now locked inside for an undetermined duration. We will see how that goes. Still, the cell was a minor concession. The real experiment lay ahead, in the form of Villager/Zombie races!
I erected a track on top of what has now been named "Death Mountain", designed to allow two villagers to race each other, in the friendly spirit of competition. In keeping with this friendly spirit of competition, the villagers are encouraged to race harder by friendly zombies, hot on their heels, the entire race. The loser of the race will be eaten by the friendly zombie, while the survivor will go on to more friendly advanced tests. I am nothing if not merciful! Having heard the cries of the villagers lamenting their road, I feel this solution was equally beneficial to all involved.
The blue-lane villager was eaten, so he was renamed "Zombie Chow". Red-lane won the race, and has been given the name "Peon". He will be given power over the others.
In conclusion, villagers are morons.
...I mean, they seem to respond to bartering, even under extremely unfavorable terms. Also, waving a sword at them makes them more receptive to uneven bargains. Join us next week, as we test the conductive properties of villagers, have another race to see who is the new jailer, and build a brand-new monster petting zoo!
Minecraft music videos remain as popular, clever, and creative as ever! Today's entry is called "Live in Minecraft", brought to you by Bebopvox, with vocals by LindeeLink, and animation by mcKupo!
David and Toby drag me out of bed to bring you another delightful installment of this week's news! New skins, new surprises, new everything!
Try Out the New Forum!
If you recall, we have been hard at work getting the new, improved Minecraft Forum up and ready to go! Loaded with improvements - ranging from post editors that don't eat your formatting anymore, to improved load times, layouts, and more - we think you will really enjoy them! However, we need your help putting the final touches on everything.
Ideally, we want the new forum format to go live next week, but just to be sure everything is in order, we would like you to help us test everything out! Make posts! Edit posts! Report me, and everyone else you see on the beta forum! Anything and everything you can think of to help us make it the very best it can be when it goes live is greatly appreciated. Even better, constructive feedback (positive or negative) could earn you a custom title on the new forum!
Anyway, here is what's going on with 14w26a:
- Lots more internal rewrites.
- Many bug fixes and some performance optimizations.
- Added ‘/worldborder add’ command
- Added new world generator for debugging, useful for resourcepack makers (hold shift and cycle through “World Type” to select it)
- Blocks no longer talk about you behind your back.
- [Bug MC-5164] – Strenght and Weakness Potions do not work on agressive wolves
- [Bug MC-8987] – Flame-enchanted bows don't activate TNT minecarts!
- [Bug MC-22586] – spreadplayers command doesn't accept relative coords for x and z parameters
- [Bug MC-35431] – Tellraw commandblockoutput
- [Bug MC-46244] – Command block bug – New particle feature
- [Bug MC-46634] – Thunder Volume not affected by weather volume settings
- [Bug MC-46851] – Potion effect particles stay in spectator mode
- [Bug MC-51788] – Playsound doesn't work with relative coords
- [Bug MC-55589] – /particle doesn't work with some entities
- [Bug MC-55625] – /playsound relative to entity does not work
- [Bug MC-56294] – "Are you sure you want to open the following website?" buttons are offset
- [Bug MC-56862] – Guardian doesn't die on land and can swim in lava.
- [Bug MC-56877] – Snow Golem has a broken head
- [Bug MC-56884] – Negative Color Crosshair
- [Bug MC-56941] – Floating torch
- [Bug MC-57033] – Game crashes when new chunks are loaded
- [Bug MC-57057] – Guardian mob sound bug
- [Bug MC-57117] – Item frame backgrounds are black on server
- [Bug MC-57159] – Darker Grass, Mushrooms, Flowers, and Vines
- [Bug MC-57188] – Wearing Pumpkins on your head. Pumpkins are huge and upside down.
- [Bug MC-57256] – Placed anvil is rotated by 90°
- [Bug MC-57524] – Nether portals don't generate or generate unlit
- [Bug MC-57670] – The player no longer sinks into the first layer of stacked snow.
- [Bug MC-57685] – Water dungeons cannot be turned off using world customization
- [Bug MC-57822] – Cocoa Beans have wrong orientation
- [Bug MC-57829] – Lever on Slab is upside down
- [Bug MC-57841] – /give'ing written book with json data will show "Invalid Item" when hovered on in chat
- [Bug MC-57843] – Written book with json data not formatting right
- [Bug MC-57854] – Stained Glass Panes particles uncolored
- [Bug MC-57866] – Written books with JSON don't get created correctly (no color and styles)
- [Bug MC-57868] – stained glass pane are dropping white glass pane
- [Bug MC-57870] – /testforblocks broken
- [Bug MC-57882] – Empty line in creative inventory
- [Bug MC-57883] – The barrier blocks particles for being broken are purple and black checkered.
- [Bug MC-57916] – Iron Golems don't require air blocks to be besides their head when placing the head block
- [Bug MC-57917] – Drying a wet sponge in furnace with a STACK of buckets below will cause them to disappear and leave A SINGULAR water bucket
- [Bug MC-57966] – Block icons in statistics and flatland GUI rendering wrong
- [Bug MC-57986] – Stacked buckets bug
- [Bug MC-58025] – Losing my bukkets from sponge
- [Bug MC-58048] – Acacia and Dark Oak Logs mined with silk touch show the MissingTexture
- [Bug MC-58060] – Summoning FallingSand with TileID as Chest, Trapped Chest, Ender Chest, Lava and Water crashes game
- [Bug MC-58066] – Right-click with bow when no arrows in inventory
- [Bug MC-58136] – Pumpkin/Melon stems rendering incorrectly
- [Bug MC-58140] – Repeater will show Comparator texture when unpowered, delay:4 and locked
- [Bug MC-58191] – Can walk through snow layer (Block meta 7)
- [Bug MC-58196] – Fishing rod and carrot on a stick rendering incorrectly in 3rd person
- [Bug MC-58229] – Scores in written books don't work properly when on a server
- [Bug MC-58493] – BUD Creates Double Redstone Drops When Activated
- [Bug MC-58537] – Supplemental selectors in /scoreboard teams join & leave don't work with the @e selector
- [Bug MC-58637] – FallingSand – Only top side of block has a texture
- And many more that weren’t reported on the bug tracker!
To get snapshots, open your launcher and press the “New Profile” button. Call it “snapshots” and check the box saying “Enable experimental development snapshots” and save. To switch to the normal version, you can select it in the dropdown at the bottom left corner of the launcher. Back up your world first or run the game on in a different folder (See the “new profile” dialog).
Snapshots can corrupt your world, please backup and/or run them in a different folder from your main worlds.
Cross-platform server jar:https://s3.amazonaws...rver.14w26a.jar
Report bugs here: Minecraft issue tracker!
*With milk added